Transport Manager - London
The Role: The fleet manager is responsible for the management of the London depot delivery & service level including all other related tasks.
Reporting to: Depot Manager
Hours: 6am – 3pm (Tues-Sat)
Holidays: 20 days (+ 8 days bank holidays)
Salary: 28K per annum
Bonus: Annual discretionary performance related bonus
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for day to day management of the London Deliveries – fleet of multi drop delivery vans to quality restaurant and catering customers throughout London.
• Responsible for Route planning, organising driver rotas and holiday allocation.
• Depot’s first point of contact for any transport issues internally & externally. E.g. complaints, accidents, insurance etc.
• Responsible for driver HR, including recruitment, performance monitoring, attendance records, training, motivating, reviews and driver discipline to ensure that we provide the highest level of service to our customers.
• Oversee, maintain and record annual drivers licence check.
• Dealing with breakdowns, recovery and organising replacement deliveries and vans.
• Develop, maintain and ensure compliance to company driver standards and procedures.
• Holding regular meetings with the drivers to ensure that we work together as a team and resolve any issues as they occur.
• Oversee the NCGM delivery routes, van weights and drop numbers to ensure that they are efficient. Ensure that the drivers depart on time.
• Help improve NCGM Drivers performance, to ensure that there is a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ensure that the Company’s activities comply with the relevant / current legislation quality standards and Company policies and oversee internal training, procedures and audits to ensure we are compliant with external and internal quality & H&S requirements.
• Negotiate and oversee Transport contracts across the business – Road side Assistance, chiller contracts, van purchases, MOT, repairs, uniforms, trackers etc.
• Reporting – manage reporting of weekly cleaning & vehicle check regimes.
• Oversee general admin/upkeep of van fleet – Paperwork, MOT, servicing, chillers, road fund licence etc.
• Responsible for investigating, managing and processing vehicle accident/insurance claims.
• Requires a high level of commercial awareness to ensure we provide cost effective and safe solutions that benefit both the business and our customers.
• Helping call customers and answering incoming calls as required (supporting customer care when short deliveries etc).
• Flexible working required to fit in with the requirements of the business.
Experience & Skills
o Experience in the fine food, Fresh food & meat wholesale/logistic sector
o Experience in managing a small fleet of delivery vehicles (currently 7 routes) & 9 drivers.
o A customer & quality focused attitude.
o An understanding of the requirements of chefs and a commercial kitchen and the high service levels expected.
o Languages would be a benefit (French), but not essential.
o Ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload.
o Ambitious, honest, committed and hard working.
o Hands on, positive and can do attitude.
o Great at motivating and managing a team.
o High level of communication and leadership skills.
o Numerical & analytical ability.
o Good knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft word and excel.
o Good budgetary controls.
o Full UK driving licence.