About the Job
1- WHO WE ARE:
There are more than 1 billion websites on the Internet today - a massive venue for copyright infringement, and there’s plenty of it. PicRights is dedicated to tracking down infringements, stopping them, and extracting a compensatory license fee for the unauthorised use of our clients’ images.
PicRights works with experienced case managers (Copyright Compliance Agent) and legal counsel to resolve copyright infringements in North and South America, South Africa, Europe and the Middle East. These are professional people who have been dealing specifically with image infringements on the internet for the past decade. They speak the language, understand the licensing business and are skilled in the copyright regulations of their respective countries. And they are very good at resolving difficult cases without having to resort to the courts.
Our Clients (photographers, artists and image bank) work hard to bring their customers world-class creative digital images and their customers expect their standards to remain high.
You are eager to protect intellectual property in France and understand that the unlicensed use of images erodes their value in the marketplace and has broader ramifications for our clients. Your role is to ensure you deal with licensing infringements in a fair and responsible manner. You are focused to educate around the value of our client’s products and services. You are also committed to enhance productivity to drive increases in revenue.
Further information about us: www.picrights.com
2-YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE:
- Facilitate the settlement of unauthorised use (copyright infringement) claims through inbound and outbound phone and email communications primarily
- Negotiate settlements. Settle and clarify with image users about copyright law and image licensing
- Assisting with legal documents, calculating fees and billings of unauthorised use
- In-depth research of image licensing and use as well as customer research to obtain company information
- Review search results and determine the appropriate courses of action
- Interaction with the Customer’s Team and Outside Legal Department on billing and resolution of unauthorised use issues as well as policing the adherence to company policy and procedures relating to revenue recognition and unauthorised use transactions
3-WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Educated to degree level preferably in French IP law or business management, a business qualification equivalent or relevant work experience
- Must have a previous experience of working with international customers in a telephone environment
- Must have 5 years experience in either: Credit collection / Debt Recovery / Copyright Enforcement / Claims Management in the French speaking region/market
- Ability to communicate with infringers, vendors and legal partners alike
- English: fluent level, Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- French: must be Native level , Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expediency to deal with high-volume workloads
- A self-starter who can also work well as a team member
4- YOUR SKILLS
- Computer literacy is a must
- IT skills: Excel / Word, good knowledge. You may be asked to perform a test prior to the start of this employment.
- Internet knowledge: must be able to do extensive researches about the online usage of an image, find information about a company. Must have a good understanding of the internet language (URL, Image path, cache, PDF, etc…)
- Good knowledge of the imagery industry, licensing practices, French IP law (online usage).
5- POSITION DETAILS/BENEFITS
- Working hours: Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm.
- Nice office in Central London (east London, Zone 1), including free coffe/tea/biscuits, social events, relaxing zone and kitchen area.
- Salary: fixe of £20,000 / year + OTE (up to £1,500 / month)
- 28 paid holidays /year (including bank holidays)
- Possibility to work remotly - occasionnaly (depending on the candidate profile and the company’s needs)
- occasional business trip to France to visit Clients and Business Partners.