Send your application by direct message.
Founded in 2015, Wooclap is an EdTech startup which helps to engage students and learners as active participants in their learning. We make learning awesome and effective!
Wooclap has raised a total of 1.75 million euros through private investments and was recently awarded 500 000 euros as Innovative Startup of the Year. After a 3-digit growth in 2019 , the opening of an office in Paris and strong international expansion, the team intends to continue this momentum in 2020 and beyond.
Thanks to our web platform of interactive questions, which students answer in real time via their smartphone, more than 300,000 teachers around the world make their courses more active, more efficient, and more adapted to their students’ expectations. Our user base includes higher education teachers as well as corporate trainers.
The success of our product is due to its ease of use and the partnerships we have forged with professors, researchers, and cognitive science specialists, which allow us to create features that are as close as possible to the needs of our users.
In 2020, Wooclap continues to innovate and has launched Wooflash, a studying platform for students based on spaced repetition and artificial intelligence.
Joining the Wooclap adventure means…
- Being part of a passionate and human-sized team (35 people)
- Experiencing a period of strong growth as a startup, with exciting challenges ahead!
- Imagining the pedagogical innovations of tomorrow
Our values at Wooclap are:
- We’re always learning
- We keep it simple
- We play our part. We play to win
- We’ve got grit
If this resonates with you, send your application our way!
As part of the International Sales team, your role will consist of convincing higher education institutions in the UK to adopt Wooclap. You will be their trusted partner and accompany them in transforming their pedagogical methods through Wooclap.
Your role is of strategic importance for the growth of our activity on the Bristish market. You will be part of the team in Brussels, Belgium.
What your weeks could be filled with:
Sales (≈ 50%)
- Identifying and understanding your clients’ needs to help them reach their goals thanks to Wooclap.
- Following the commercial discussion from start to finish: identification of new business opportunities, elaboration of commercial propositions, negotiation, and closing.
- Developing a strategic approach to identify and reach out to key contact people in the target institutions.
- Presenting our platform and demonstrating Wooclap to prospects and users (teachers, managers of the digital department, …).
- Conducting complex negotiations with your prospects on all aspects of their projects (financial, legal, technical, …).
- Creating and maintaining sustainable relationships with your prospects.
Project Management (≈ 30%)
- Ensuring the weekly follow-up of projects to help institutions maximise the value created by Wooclap.
- Regularly reporting back to the key contact people to enable them to pilot their innovative project.
- Offering exceptional customer service to resolve any difficulties encountered by your prospects.
- Working and collaborating with the other teams at Wooclap (Marketing, Product, Tech) to meet your clients’ expectations.
Continuous improvement & business intelligence (≈ 20%)
- Keeping abreast of the EdTech market and competitive news to identify the latest innovations, trends, and opportunities.
- Setting up new reporting tools to monitor business performance.
- Participating in the optimisation of existing processes to make the team ever more efficient.
Conditions and perks
- Location: Brussels or Paris or anywhere in the UK
- Full-time position
- Tickets restaurants (Meal Vouchers)
- Medical Insurance
- MacBook Air or PC
- Smartphone of your choice
- Woocredit to buy training material (online courses, books, etc…) to never stop learning!
- Ideally, you have lived or studied in the United Kingdom.
- You have the soul of an entrepreneur: you are curious, enthusiastic and you love to get your hands dirty. You’re not afraid of an environment that evolves very quickly.
- You are organised, rigorous and independent: you’re able to conceive, plan and execute in a structured manner. You focus on the priorities. You love taking initiatives and innovating.
- You are a great listener and have great communication skills. You are capable of building a relationship very quickly.
- You are known for your power of persuasion. You like to sell and are creative in creating new opportunities.
- Your spelling is impeccable.
- You want to join an international team in which you will learn every day for a meaningful project.