French speaking Accountant with French accounting experience

Tour operator based in Central London is looking for a French speaking Accountant with French accounting experience. This is an opportunity to join a well-established, medium sized Travel business with an international presence where you will be working closely with the senior management team.

This a 9-month contract to cover maternity leave.

ROLE:

• Overall responsibility for the production of financial information in compliance with French GAAP

• Management of the year-end process including liaising with the auditors and preparation of audit files

• Provision of general advice and assistance in respect of the Group’s French operations

• Rationalising operation of French bank accounts, monitoring cash flow and establishing relationship with bankers

• Providing general support and assistance to the Head of Finance with ad hoc projects that may arise

• Managing payroll and VAT return on monthly basis

• Dealing with French authorities as appropriate

• Producing balance sheet reconciliation to specific deadlines

• Liaise with French Operation Director and Hotels managers

• Ensure all supplier invoices are processed on time & correctly

• Monitoring Purchase Orders to ensure that they are completed, authorised, matched and closed

• Logging invoices onto the system and performing weekly reviews of the invoice log

• Preparation of payment runs and timely distribution of remittance advice notices

• Reconciling supplier statements

• Resolving any invoice queries from suppliers

• Credit control

• Bank reconciliations

• Ensure that the purchase ledger is closed in accordance with month end reporting

PROFILE:

• Fluent in French and English

• Qualified or part-qualified accountants ideally with practice experience or as a sole accountant

• People management skills

• Working experience with French GAAP and knowledge in Company law & tax

• Ability to meet deadlines

• Strong computer skills

• Experience in travel, leisure or service industry would be beneficial.

SALARY:

C35K-£38K pro-rata negotiable according to skills and experience

Hello @FrenchResources ,
Consulting your hob offer I saw that you are looking for an independent person with a good communication and interpersonal skills, and I think that I’m the one you are looking for,

Madame, Sir, @FrenchResources,

I send you my application.

I work as an accounting in a fiducial, it’s a vocation for me. My missions are: I manage 40 portfolio adherents, I control and make VAT returns, I make tax declarations, I manage all the operations necessary for the setting up of accounts: Entry of accounting, carry out the balance sheet…

I would define myself as a person who likes challenges and who wants always evolve. Naturally curious, I aspire to acquire new skills and knowledge in the field of accounting and corporate finance. I want to learn English, I am very motivated by this new challenge.

I am available beginning September.
CV anglais.pdf (313,3 Ko)
Please find my resume enclosed. Thank you for your attention, I am available for an interview as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,