Exciting opportunity in Covent Garden
Champagne + Fromage is a passionate family run business that specialises in sourcing grower champagnes, and artisan produce directly from France, available to eat-it or to take away. It is a collection of French independent Bistros, unique Grower Champagnes bars & Fromagerie in London.
- Covent Garden – Flag ship store - The concept is born…
- Brixton Village – Cool Vibe of Brixton Village
- Greenwich – Bistrot for Regulars in a such unique neighbourhood
- Mercato Metroplolitano – France standing among Italian’s delicatessen
Great opportunity for a Store Manager to become an integral part of this exciting and innovative foodie Bistro offering lunch, afternoon teas and dinner. The focus will be on the magical combination of Cheese and Champagne – two of the finest French products.
We are looking for a person who has hospitality in their bones, a professional who understands and loves the service industry and enjoys the daily interaction with customers.
You will be responsible for all areas of the bistro management: Front of House, Sales, Back office, Human Resources.
You will be directly responding to the Development team and the Directors.
Day to Day Running of the Bistro
- Daily organisation of bistro & FOH team
- Strong floor presence: supporting team during service, setting standards on floor, guest interaction, increase sales
- Stock control: supplier liaison, daily ordering, invoices, involved in stock counting, food wastage control
- Analize sales target and increasing profits
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- FOH team training & development, rosters & time sheets, personnel files
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Flexible and lateral thinker
- Due Diligence: Hygiene, H&S Records & Cleaning Rosters
Restaurant management experience gained within quality / Cafe Brasserie and / or Gastro Establishments / Wine Bars, with customer facing and building up business and repeat custom
- Genuine Passion for the industry, for great wine and great food -
WSET Level 2 or ability to show knowledge to this level.
- Genuine intention to offer long term commitment to next role (We require a minimum stay of 1 year)
- Advanced knowledge in Champagne is a necessity, as well as a very keen and genuine interest about the cheese industry
- To be computer literate - Good IT and technology skills
- An enthusiastic, outgoing and friendly personality.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Job Type: Full-time 45-50 hours/week over 5 days.
Salary: £27,000.00 to £29,000.00 /year + service charge + variable pay