Franco-British organisation based in London is looking for a French speaking Chief Accountant. You
will report to the Finance Director in accounting and payroll duties, keep under review appropriate,
accurate and efficient financial systems which meet the needs of the French and English accounting
reporting standards and ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place. You will also
supervise a small team of accounts administrators.
Finance and Accounting:
• Supervising a small team of accounts administrators, including the preparation of annual
performance appraisals in liaison with the Finance Director (FD).
• Working with and assisting the FD, keep under review appropriate, accurate and efficient
financial systems which meet the needs of French and English accounting reporting standards
and ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place;
• Completing the monthly and annual reporting on a timely basis; reconciling the general
accounting information (SAGE) with input from other administrative staff via auxiliary
• Managing accounts for organisation’s para-activities
• Processing payments and recording expenditure in accounting systems (or provide to external
agent), producing monthly accounts and management accounts to agreed timetable;
• Managing the bank accounts to ensure the best use of the finances to meet expenditure
requirements and report regularly to the FD the cash flow position.
• Preparing monthly payroll in conjunction with the HR Manager and making regular payments
to HMRC and other agencies.
• Preparing documents and files for the annual audit and working with the statutory auditors to
ensure a smooth running audit. Reviewing the auditors’ services if requested
• Setting up procedures to support staff for delegated budgets to enable them to monitor and
control their budgets.
• Assisting the FD in the preparation of the organisation’s annual budgets.
• Participating in meetings of the organisation’s Finance Committee, if requested
• Preparing reports and financial simulations for Board meetings, as required by the FD.
• Deputising for the FD as required in the day-to-day administration of the organisation’s
• Preparing financial analyses, as required by the FD, relating to contacts or transactions with
• Undertaking any other duty or responsibility which may reasonably be requested by the
• Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
• Fluent French and English
• French or English accountancy qualification or QBE
• French and UK accounts experience
• Strong experience in preparing accounts and managing payroll using SAGE
• Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills and financial awareness.
French Resources Ltd – 0845 519 1945 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered office: Heathmans House, 19 Heathmans Road, LONDON SW6 4TJ. Registered in England and Wales No. 6956655
• Practical approach to problem solving and meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a range of colleagues
• Ability to produce and explain financial information
• Good IT skills and accounting software packages
• Practical knowledge of accounting for a UK charity will be a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
c£50k to £55k according to skills and experience