International organisation based in Central London is looking for a French speaking Administrative
Assistant for their Administrative department. The Administration department coordinates all the
activities linked to the management of human, financial, material and IT resources, as well as property
management, technical services and the security of the organisation. The Administrative Assistant will
need to have strong numerical skills and a good understanding of accounting procedures will be a
plus. You will report to the Head of Administration.
• Check all requests for payments and suppliers’ invoices given by staff members, ensure the
correct financial coding and send them to the Financial Department at the Ministry for
• Make payments by BACS transfer.
• Check employees’ expenses and make payments to their accounts following the current
directives on the internal online portal.
• Prepare the organisation monthly and yearly budget, as well as those of the other 6
departments, and check the accuracy of the information before sending the budgets to the
other Heads of Department and the Agent-General.
• Prepare monthly spreadsheets in order to replenish the accounts with the correct financial
coding for expenditures by debit card, credit card, and petty cash
• Prepare the bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Manage the payroll for locally recruited staff members.
• Liaise with the Payroll Company and HMRC to ensure the accuracy of the tax, NI, and end of
year (P60, P11d) documents.
• Manage locally recruited staff members’ annual leave, sick leave and all other leave.
• Oversee the functioning of the technical office and communication services, and get in contact
with suppliers or the IT department if necessary.
• Keep the inventory of the different supplies (office, maintenance, etc.)
• Prepare different reports (monthly required reports, payroll reports, pension reports)
according to deadlines.
• Carry out other varied administrative tasks.
• Fluent French and English, both spoken and written
• A university degree or similar experience.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience.
• Accounting skills and great competence with figures.
• Good computer skills (Windows 7, Office Suite, Outlook, internal programmes).
• The candidate selected will have to undergo a DBS check.